Music for Inner Peace
A journey into the beauty, power and vastness of Sri Chinmoy’s musical compositions. Experience the resonance of mantric music arranged for Eastern and Western instruments. An hour-long concert to will lift you, heart and soul…
Thursday 27th October at 7.30pm
The De Grey Rooms, Ballroom, York
About Sri Chinmoy
All of our classes, concerts and other events are inspired by meditation Master Sri Chinmoy, who devoted his life to making meditation as widely known and practised as possible.Read more
Benefits of Meditation
- Relaxation for mind and body
- Better concentration for any activity we take part in
- Detachment from minor worries and anxieties
- Learning to live in the present moment
- Discovering our own source of inner peace
- Better health – both mental and physical
- Discovering an inner sense of self – helping us to know our purpose in life
- Living more harmoniously with those around us
What is Meditation?
“When we meditate, what we actually do is enter into the deeper part of our being. At that time, we are able to bring to the fore the wealth that we have deep within us.” – Sri Chinmoy
- Meditation is the art of silencing your mind and expanding your sense of self.
- Meditation is a simple practise that anyone can do.
- Meditation teaches us the art of concentration and detachment