What is Meditation?
“When we meditate, what we actually do is enter into the deeper part of our being. At that time, we are able to bring to the fore the wealth that we have deep within us.”
– Sri Chinmoy
- Meditation is the art of silencing your mind and expanding your sense of self.
- Meditation is a simple practise that anyone can do.
- Meditation teaches us the art of concentration and detachment
Benefits of Meditation
- Relaxation for mind and body
- Better concentration for any activity we take part in
- Detachment from minor worries and anxieties
- Learning to live in the present moment
- Discovering our own source of inner peace
- Better health – both mental and physical
- Discovering an inner sense of self – helping us to know our purpose in life
- Living more harmoniously with those around us
We also hold meditation classes in Leeds. If you are interested, please visit Leeds Meditation.